Convert old files to v2
It's recommended to start a fresh new world and don't use the old one as converters work but are experimental.
You just have to rename ItemsAdder folder to ItemsAdder_backup, delete the old plugin and install the 2.0 version
ItemsAdder v2 is a complete recode of previous ItemsAdder version. It changed EVERY configuration and every resourcepack file path/properties/format. It's like a brand new plugin, with more features, more optimized and easier to maintain.
You have to follow this tutorial :D
Please be sure to follow the tutorial carefully, don't be in a hurry or you could make mistakes and take longer to do the conversion.
Do this operation only on a local test server on your PC so you won't make mistakes and risk losing data.
- Open server plugins folder and create a new folder named ItemsAdder_old
- Open your OLD ItemsAdder folder and copy files from items folder (see screenshot)
- Paste the items folder into ItemsAdder_old
- Create a new folder named pack inside ItemsAdder_old
- Extract the exact CONTENT of your old resourcepack .zip file inside the new folder pack
If you don't care and don't want to get my custom items and you just want to create your own items:
config.ymlin the ItemsAdder folder (just generated by ItemsAdder 2.0 version) and set these properties to false.
Then delete all folders inside
minecraftfolder. And delete all folders inside
You also have to remove my categories from
ItemsAdder converter will skip automatically my custom items, so it will create a pack that contains only items that you created on your own.
- Open file
namespaceto a custom name. You can chose your server name or whatever you want. For example some of my items have namespace "
itemsadder" so you'll be able to use command like
/iaget itemsadder:ruby(but as you can notice I created more namespaces in the new plugin, in order to separate functionalities)
To start the conversion:
- start the server
- wait it to finish loading all
- use command
- WAIT IT TO FINISH
- Check if it throws any error
- Stop server only when it finished converting.
- Stop the server
- Please make sure you DELETED the old ItemsAdder.jar
- If you have the OLD ItemsAdder folder in plugins please RENAME IT TO ItemsAdder_backup or delete it if you already have backups.
- Download ItemsAdder 2.0 and put it in your plugins folder
- Start server
- Wait ItemsAdder 2.0 to finish creating its files
- If you get any error please read it and check if you did anything wrong (missing dependency, wrong Spigot version....) and retry this step.
- (IGNORE if you get error about the resourcepack URL, it's normal as you will configure it later)
- Open folder ItemsAdder_converted which is just created
- copy the two folders
ItemsAdderfolder (replace any file if asked)
- Restart the server
Please follow this fast tutorial to activate resourcepack:
Last modified 11mo ago